Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) Funded Training Courses
Intuitive Training are proud recipients of Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) funding for the below listed courses.
As a Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) registered training supplier we provide training that is supported by CSQ funding.
About Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ)
Construction Skills Queensland is an independent, not-for-profit, industry funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices, trainees and career seekers in the building and construction industry.
CSQ provides funding to reduce the financial obstacle to training, making upskilling an affordable option for many more individuals in the construction industry.
Click here to learn more about CSQ
To be eligible for Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) subsidised or fully funded training courses participants must be:
- An Australian or New Zealand Citizen; or
- A permanent resident of Australia; or
- A Visa holder with relevant permission to work
- Be permanently employed in Queensland
And Must not be:
- An employee of any Authority (excluding employees of an indigenous Council that is a Principal Contractor and Local Councils)
- Currently enrolled and participating in a Queensland secondary school program (excluding a school based Apprentice or Trainee)
- A contracted trainer or assessor or existing worker of a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Funded by an Authority or such other source for delivery of the same training being undertaken as part of this program
- Seeking Verification of Competency (VOC)
Short Courses – Building, participants must also be:
- An eligible worker
- An unemployed eligible worker
Eligible Worker has that same meaning as the Building and Construction Industry (Portable Long Service Leave) Act 1991 (Qld) as amended from time to time
An Unemployed Eligible Worker is a person who has been unemployed for a period of not greater than 4 years that would otherwise meet the requirements of an eligible worker
And must not be:
- Eligible under the Apprentice Advance Loading
Apprentice Advance Loading participants must be:
- A current active apprentice or trainee in Queensland undertaking a recognised apprenticeship or traineeship, including an eligible participant who is working on a major project; or
- An eligible, worker including an eligible participant who is working on a major project or an unemployed eligible worker in the first year out of their apprenticeship or traineeship who must commence training within 365 days of the completion date in DELTA; or
- A cancelled apprentice or trainee who was undertaking a recognised apprenticeship or traineeship that has been cancelled who is currently accessing state government funding to complete their institution based training
Please notify Intuitive Training staff at time of course enquiry if you believe you are eligible under the Apprentice Advance Loading
T0911 Introduction to Electrical Network Infrastructure for Authorised Persons
T0911 Introduction to Electrical Network Infrastructure for Authorised Persons.
Course Overview: This course has been designed to develop the knowledge and skills required to identify relevant exclusion zones, manage associated hazards and work safely on or near electrical network infrastructure.
Target Audience: Existing workers in the Electricity and Communication Sectors / General Construction / Civil Construction / Traffic Management Industry and Local Government Association’s who have staff working near overhead powerlines required to achieve Authorised Person status.
Typically these staff act as safety observers / spotters to ensure people, plant and equipment do not enter the exclusion zone.
Entry Requirements/What to Bring: Participants must provide a USI number on enrolment, provide photographic identification on enrolment. Participants must provide and wear their own PPE for this course. This course requires participants to hold a current electrical license and be or work for an approved Energex contract service provider.
Delivery Mode: This course may be delivered by face to face delivery.
Duration: 1 day ( 6 hours nominal)
Learning Outcomes: On completion of this course, Participant’s will be able to:
- Apply electrical safety and technical knowledge relevant to the type of work and the operation of plant or vehicles near overhead and underground electric lines.
- Interpret the application and intent of the Electrical Safety Code of Practice – Working Near Overhead and Underground Electric Lines.
- Describe the difference between Authorised Persons, Instructed Persons and Untrained Persons as outlined in the Electrical Safety Code of Practice – Working Near Overhead and Underground Electric Lines
- Explain basic electrical concepts and the effect of electricity on the human body.
- Identify hazards that may be present and the control measures to be implemented to manage the risks associated with work carried out on or near overhead and underground electric lines
- Identify electricity network infrastructure assets, substation components and voltages.
- Identify exclusion zones applicable to people, vehicles and operating plant for:
- Various electric line voltages;
- Types of conductors and cables;
- Environmental conditions; and
- Training and authorisations of people on the electricity network.
- State the emergency planning, response and reporting procedures required in the event of an electrical incident or accident.
Assessment is a combination of written questions/answers and practical demonstrations.
Participants will be issued with a Statement of Attendance issued by Intuitive Training and a wallet sized identification card
Assessment: Assessment is a combination of written questions/answers and practical demonstrations.
On Completion: Participants will be issued with a Statement of Attendance issued by Intuitive Training.
CSQ Funding Applied: $409.00 per participant (Apprentices eligible un the Apprentice Advance Plus recieve an additional 25% funding allocation)
Student Gap Fee: $40.00 + gst (No gap fees apply to Apprentices eligibile under the CSQ Apprentice Advance Plus Program)
Training Dates: Check our Events page for upcoming courses.
Group bookings available on request
Contact Us to Find Out More:
If you are looking for or have gained employment that requires skills and knowledge to perform works on the Energex / Ergon Network then contact the friendly staff at Intuitive Training.